Microsoft SQL - relational database management system
Enjoy high levels of performance, availability, and security
A complete and integrated platform, Microsoft SQL Server brings it all together
SQL Server is the most secure of any of the major database platforms
Microsoft SQL Server is a comprehensive database server and information platform offering a complete set of enterprise-ready technologies and tools that help people derive the most value from information at the lowest total-cost-of-ownership. Enjoy high levels of performance, availability, and security; employ more productive management and development tools; and deliver pervasive insight with self-service business intelligence (BI).
A complete and integrated platform, Microsoft SQL Server brings it all together to get more value out of existing IT skills and assets, increase the productivity and agility of IT departments, and quickly build flexible, innovative applications.
Mission Critical Confidence
SQL Server helps further protect an organization’s infrastructure – getting you the nines and performance you need at the right price, especially for mission critical workloads. When you make a bet on Microsoft, you get more than a trusted platform; you get a trusted business partner and trusted ecosystem of experienced vendors.
- SQL Server AlwaysOn - A new, unified high-availability solution for greater uptime, faster failover, and better use of hardware resources
- xVelocity In-memory Technologies - Enable a generational leap in performance across data warehousing and business intelligence built-into the database and analytics tools
- Distributed Replay - Production-like application testing enables high scale out testing for mission critical apps, configuration changes, and upgrades
- Enhanced Audit - Increase manageability related to auditing with audit resilience, filtering, user-defined audit, and enablement across all editions to better enable organizational compliance
SQL Server helps customers unlock new insights with pervasive data discovery across the organization while providing tools for IT to deliver credible, consistent data and large scale analytic and data warehouse solutions.
- PowerPivot - Empower users to access data from any source and easily collaborate and share insight
- Power View - Discover new insights with Power View, an interactive browser-based data visualization tool
- BI Semantic ModelProvide a consistent view of varied data sources and easily transform end user apps into corporate BI solutions
- Data Quality Services - Reliably profile, cleanse, and match data by using organizational knowledge and 3rd party data
Organizational Security and Compliance
Enable compliance with built-in security and IT controls.
- Help protect data with built-in encryption capabilities that help protect confidential information without changes to the application
- Help ensure compliance and increase manageability related to auditing with audit resilience, filtering, user-defined audit, and enablement across all SQL Server editions
- Increase manageability and decrease complexity of database schema through Default Schema for Groups by allowing a default database schema for Windows group user accounts
- Easily manage permissions around data access with user-defined server roles to support separation of duties
- Help ensure security-enhanced deployments and minimize surface-area attacks by enabling only required services through Configuration Manager—built-in services turned off by default
- Help secure end user data analytics with built-in IT controls, including new SharePoint and Microsoft Active Directory security models for end user reports published and shared in SharePoint