In last weeks blog post, Appcore Verified as Citrix Solution Advisor Partner, we talked about what it means to be a Silver Solution Advisor and the benefits to you as a service provider. We also outlined Citrix’s latest program designed specifically for cloud service providers: Citrix Ready IaaS Cloud for XenDesktop. In today’s blog, we are going to discuss the details of the program and the easiest way to join.
What is the Citrix Ready IaaS Cloud For XenDesktop program?
In January of 2014, Citrix introduced a new Citrix Ready program that provides Citrix validation for infrastructure-as-a-service for XenDesktop 7.5. This program gives enterprise customers the confidence that XenDesktop will run on a particular cloud service provider’s infrastructure. This global program allows Citrix customers to extend the capability of XenDesktop deployments beyond the data center, utilizing public cloud providers to address fluctuating demand and to leverage regional or purpose-built clouds as a way to adhere to regulatory and compliance issues.
What are the requirements of the Citrix Ready IaaS Cloud program?
Cloud service providers that want to take part in the program will be required to pass a test suite verifying the feature correctness of XenDesktop operating in their environment. The current product versions supported by the program include:
- Latest GA build of XenDesktop 7.5
- CloudPlatform 220.127.116.11 – XenServer 6.2 SP1 + Hotfix Package XS62ESP1003, vSphere 5.0 Update 2 and vSphere 5.1
- (CloudPlatform 4.3) – XenServer 6.2 SP1 + Hotfix Package XS62ESP1003 + Hotfix Package XS62ESP1004
Note: If you don’t currently meet these requirements, you will have to upgrade before you start the test kit verification process.
What is the process to verify the cloud service provider’s infrastructure?
There are two ways that you can verify your infrastructure for XenDesktop including:
1. Partnering with a Citrix Ready CloudPlatfrom expert – Appcore has partnered with Citrix to assist their service provider customers through the verification process. As of today, we are the only cloud partner that is verified to complete the verification on behalf of the cloud service provider.
If your infrastructure doesn’t meet the requirements outlined above, our cloud experts can work with you to upgrade your cloud environment before testing begins. Once this is complete, our technicians will run through the test kit and address any issues that may arise. Then, the completed test kit is submitted to Citrix for final review and validation.
Appcore provides this verification process as an add-on service and is available to any cloud service provider for a one-time fee. If you are interested in using Appcore to become verified, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 800-735-7104.
2. Have your cloud team execute the test - The same process outlined above applies if your internal team administers the verification of your infrastructure. To start the process any upgrades would need to be done, the system admin would then need to walk through the test kit and submit it to Citrix at email@example.com. The Citrix team reviews the test results and then determines if your infrastructure is compatible with XenDesktop 7.5. To view the test kit and get a full understand of the process, click here
Hopefully this gives you a better understanding of the Citrix Ready IaaS Cloud program. In the upcoming weeks, we will discuss the different access levels for the program and the advantages of joining as a service provider. We will also review the benefits of adding Citrix XenDesktop to your product portfolio – stay tuned.
photo credit: Splash